There’s so much going on this month that we want to tell you about!
1. Starting today (02.01) through Monday (02.06) there’s a great trunk show going on at the Embassy Suites in Paloma Village. It’s sure to be a winner, so call Donna Roach for an appointment at 520-299-2222 or email her at email@example.com .
2. This Friday, February 3rd is National Go Red Day.
It’s an American Heart Association initiative to get us all to embrace heart healthy lifestyles. This is an important issue, especially for women, and we urge you to visit their website at www.goredforwomen.org to learn more about it. We also urge you to WEAR RED this FRIDAY.
3. Of course, this Sunday, February 5th is SUPERBOWL Sunday! We’re thinking of you, and we’re featuring a great guacamole dip for your Superbowl party! Just scroll down for the recipe.
4. February 14th is Valentine’s Day, you might start making plans for that now… but more about that in our next email!
Hope you’re doing well and that we see you soon.
Bake, Patricia and the Shaffer Dry Cleaning Team
Take $3 OFF
the cleaning of the RED garment you wear on National GO RED day
Offer expires 02/14/2012. One per customer. You must print and present this coupon with incoming order. Not applicable to orders currently in house. Click here to print.
It’s Party Time!
If you’re planning a Superbowl party, we thought you might have some fun with a guacamole football field that comes in at just 25 calories per tablespoon (so it won’t be responsible for your guests having to visit our tailor to let out a seam or two!)
If you’re wondering why I suggest a pre-made dip over fresh avocadoes – here’s the back story:
Last year, I attended a friend’s Superbowl party and was tasked with cutting up the avocadoes for the guacamole dip. Unfortunately, my friend was new to the world of guacamole (he’s actually from back east), and the avocadoes he bought were hard as a rock and impossible to cut, dice, blend or puree. Believe me, the bruises on my palms from trying to cut them stayed with me forever! In the end, it was the WORST guacamole dip in the annals of Superbowl parties; hence my high regard for Wholly Guacamole – a pre-made dip!
Wholly Guacamole Gridiron Game Time Dip Prep: 30 minutes
Ingredients - 1 Tbsp butter - ½ cup red bell pepper - ½ cup onion, chopped - 2, 15 oz cans black beans, rinsed / drained - 2 tsp fresh chopped jalapeno peppers - ½ tsp ground cumin - 1 cup salsa - 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded - 14 oz Wholly Guacamole - ½ cup sour cream - 1 bag tortilla chips
Instructions: 1. Melt butter in skillet; add peppers and onion. Cook over medium heat until onion is softened. (4 minutes). Stir in beans, jalapenos and cumin. Cook until heated.
2. Transfer 1 cup of bean mixture to a food processor, process until smooth. Return blended mixture to remaining mixture and stir to combine. Spread onto an 11×8 baking dish. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
3. Just before serving, layer over the bean mixture: salsa, cheese and top with Wholly Guacamole.
4. Spoon sour cream into resealable plastic bag. Snip off small corner and pipe sour cream lines over the guacamole to resemble yard markers on a football field.